First Florida Bank wants to make you aware of daily things you can do to protect yourself from ID theft.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Shred all materials in a home shredder that have important information on them such as your full name, date of birth, account numbers, etc. Individuals have had their identities stolen from "dumpster divers."
- Never share your full social security number with any one through email. Email is not a secure method of transferring confidential information of ANY kind.
- Check your credit report at least annually to dispute any possible discrepancies. You can obtain a free yearly credit report by clicking hereli>
Our promise: First Florida Bank will NEVER contact you through email for confidential information such as your account number or social security number. If you receive such an email from us please call us immediately to notify us as this is a common tactic known as "phishing". If we need to update such information about you we will contact you through more secure methods.
For more information on ID theft please visit the Federal Trade Commission website by clicking here.
* NOTICE: Our website links to other websites in which case we can not control the content or images viewed once you leave our website. All links that leave our website will open in a new window. For further information about the linked websites' privacy policies please refer to those websites for further information.